Here’s my Wednesday check-in for Monica Valentinelli’s Make Art Not War challenge! As a reminder, these were my pledges for this year:
- I will devote one hour every night to creating, be it art, photography or writing, whichever I’m inspired by.
- I will spend one hour every night reading; a creative mind needs time in other creative works to be inspired!
- I pledge to engage my audience more through various social media outlets by checking in with them at least twice a week.
- If I don’t make my pledges, then I will hold myself accountable the following day and make up the time I didn’t spend.
Since today (well, yesterday, technically…) is International Women’s Day, Monica asked us to honor women within our circles. First and foremost among writers, I’d like to thank Monica Valentinelli for always being such an inspiring person. I very much admire all the work she’s done both as a writer and within the gaming industry. I would be remiss not to mention Margaret Weis as an ever-present source of inspiration and admiration. I’ve spent innumerable hours in the various worlds and among the characters she’s created. I don’t think my reading life would be the same without them!
Among artists, I’m an avid admirer of Faebelina whose art and creativity have been a source of joy and inspiration for years! There’s also the amazingly talented Amanda whose art I’ve watched blossom in the past few years I’ve known her.
This is just a small sampling of the amazing ladies I’ve been inspired by over the years, but they’re all worth taking the time to wander by and sample their creative offerings. That’s all for this week, I’ll see you next time!
On my To-Do List:
- Need to get back on the rails with Siege of Arey.
- Get back to practicing with full body models.