Here’s my Wednesday check-in for Monica Valentinelli’s Make Art Not War challenge! As a reminder, these were my pledges for this year:
- I will devote one hour every night to creating, be it art, photography or writing, whichever I’m inspired by.
- I will spend one hour every night reading; a creative mind needs time in other creative works to be inspired!
- I pledge to engage my audience more through various social media outlets by checking in with them at least twice a week.
- If I don’t make my pledges, then I will hold myself accountable the following day and make up the time I didn’t spend.
February was busy with art! I averaged almost one new piece per day, which is a lot more than I used to do. It’s something of a joy to look through my art folder and see file after file of artwork. I’m even getting to the point that l like and enjoy my own work. I’m still critical of it and some things frustrate me (I’m looking at you, hands…) but I continue forward. The only way to improve is to practice, right?
The theme for this month is: PLANT. Time to lay down some seeds to success by accomplishing some goals! I’ve already been setting small goals for myself, so I don’t see a reason to stop now.
I do agree with Monica, though, it’s important to self-analyze if you’re struggling. It’s something l had to do for myself last year, doing less writing and more art. I’d taken stock of what l was capable of, what was better for me, and — even though it was a difficult decision — l changed things so l could still create. I don’t regret it one bit. I’m happier, less stressed, and starting to enjoy my creative process. All that, in turn, helps me create even more!
So, taking some time to reflect and put your energy toward the things you really want to do is a great way to start the month. Good luck and happy creating!
On my To-Do List:
- Need to get back on the rails with Siege of Arey.
- Get back to practicing with full body models.